Thank you all for leaving such lovely comments on the “More than a Granny”-post; I’m sure Shelley was delighted to read them, and so was I.
So, without further ado, I’d like to announce the winner of this giveaway,
it’s: Wylie Kay
Congratulations, Wylie! Shelley will contact you directly to make arrangements for you to receive your prize as soon as possible.
Sorry for all of you who entered and did not win this time. Cheer up though, because here‘s the link where you can pre-order/buy your very own copy of
“More than a Granny”.
Wishing you all a great weekend!
It may sound odd – and hopefully a bit familiar – but when I crochet there are times when I feel like a sculptor……. Do you ever feel like that too?
However when making this cushion cover I felt more like a cook. Just like the ones that compete in programs such as “The Great British Bake Off” (“Heel Holland Bakt” in The Netherlands) where they are restricted to certain recipes and ingredients.
My recipes were the gorgeous granny squares from Shelley‘s ebook “More than a Granny“, that I had the privilege of receiving an advance copy of (this post).
The ingredient that I narrowed myself down to work with, was the beautiful Bendigo Woollen Mills-cotton, gifted to me by the same lovely Shelley.
Don’t get me wrong, it was me, myself & I who put these boundaries on this project and I really liked the challenge!
It was clear from the start that I would not have enough of the Bendigo cotton to make the nine squares needed for this 50×50 cm cushion cover in one or even two color ways.
Ultimately I used 10 of the 15 colors I had: blues, pinks/purples, and greens. To my pleasant surprise the off-white I had in my Katia-stash matched the Bendigo-off-white in a perfect way, so I used this Katia-cotton for the last round(s) of the squares and as a joining color.
When crocheting a border on a cushion, blanket or even shawl, I always try to put a frame around the crocheted “body”, like you would when framing your favorite photo.
I felt that this “More than a Granny”-cushion cover only needed a subtle frame, hence the block stitch in cream and blue (used before here).
All in all I feel I’ve cooked up a pretty tasty meal!